At Piedmont Park Conservancy, we know how much our furry friends mean to us. That’s why the Piedmont Park Dog Parks are an off-leash for almost a million dogs each year. It has also been consistently recognized as one of Atlanta’s best dog parks.
Did you know we spend $100 each week to keep the entire Park stocked with free doggie bags? Your financial support allows us to keep this space free, stocked up and in puppy-approved condition.
Lend a Paw to the Dog Parks
The Piedmont Dog Parks are 100% reliant upon donations to fund maintenance and improvements. Give back to your favorite dog park today!
Piedmont Dog Parks Features
Consistently recognized as one of Atlanta’s best dog parks, the Piedmont Park Dog Parks feature:
- Three acres for dogs to run off-leash
- Separate enclosures for large (30+ lbs) and small dogs (<30 lbs)
- New trails and landscaping
- Benches and restrooms for loyal owners
- Shaded areas
- Dog water spickets
- Weekend concessions including King of Pops with Dog Popsicles!
The Piedmont Dog Parks are located under the Park Drive bridge and adjacent to the Education Garden and Six Springs Wetlands. See the Park Map.
Piedmont Dog Parks Highlighted Rules
- All users of the off-leash area shall assume all risk and liability associated with use of the Dog Parks
- Owners are responsible for the action of their dogs. Each dog must be kept within sight of her/his owner and under voice control.
- Dog owners have responsibility for watching their dog’s behavior. If a dog displays aggressive behavior or fights, the owner shall be responsible for immediately controlling or removing the dog from the off-leash area.
- No more than three dogs per owner shall be allowed in the area at one time
- All dogs must wear a collar and ID tag
- All dogs must be properly licensed, healthy, and have current vaccinations
- No puppies under 16 weeks are allowed
- No dogs in heat are allowed
- No dogs are permitted to enter with pronged collars
- Owners must clean up after their dogs – it’s the law
- The off-leash areas have double gated entrances. Owners must close and latch both gates after entering or exiting the area.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the area without close adult supervision
- Serious problems resulting in injury must be reported immediately to the bureau of parks.
(Code 1977, § 10-2015; Ord. No. 2003-112, § 7, 12-9-03; Ord. No. 2005-04, §§ 1, 2, 1-24-05)
- Swimming is prohibited in Clara Meer for both dogs and people
- Rules subject to change – view more rules related to pets in Section 110-70.