Green Market Plant Sale
Green Market, More Than a Shopping Experience
Nothing beats waking up on a Saturday morning and starting a quest for warm coffee and hot breakfast. Many Atlantans in the Piedmont Park area start their Saturday mornings by heading over to Green Market, the Park’s local farmers market. Motivated by caffeine and an empty stomach, visitors stumble upon more than just a quick bite to eat; they enter a gathering place of neighbors, local and small businesses, and community partners.
Imagine walking through the market, meeting local vendors, learning about not only their goods but their stories. Green Market provides Midtown Atlanta a place where the community can come together and support one another. There is something about buying your bread, produce or coffee from local farmers. You feel better inside and feel inspired to create amazing meals. Yes, you could just drive to the closest grocery store, but there is something about buying straight from the vendor that makes it more fresh and delicious.
Green Market isn’t only just delicious food, it is also home to beauty and home products, plants, you name it.
With a community atmosphere, Green Market is great for families and friends to gather to enjoy fresh air to discover the hidden gems Georgia has to offer. After you shop around the market, take a walk around the 200 + acres of park land and find a place to set up a picnic.
At Green Market, you’re not only supporting local businesses, you’re creating connections with the great community we live in. Learn more about Green Market at: piedmontpark.org/green-market
Celebrating 15 Years of Fresh Produce at Green Market
Imagine, it’s a beautiful Saturday morning in April where the trees blossom and the birds sing. On this day, the Piedmont Park Conservancy introduces the Green Market to the public as part of its Centennial Celebration. Crowds of people stare in amazement as they await the unveiling. This is the start of something new.
We are proud to commemorate 15 years of Green Market at Piedmont Park. The Conservancy first introduced the Green Market on April 17, 2004 in partnership with the City of Atlanta Bureau of Cultural Affairs. As a key sponsor and supporter of the program, Kaiser Permanente greatly contributed to the Green Market’s success over the years. Since its debut, the program has influenced the diet and lifestyle of millions of visitors in the heart of Atlanta.
In the beginning, the Green Market featured high quality, locally-grown produce, prepared goods, flowers, herbs and other specialty items. The program included chef demonstrations designed to showcase how fresh produce could be prepared at home and live music from local bands as entertainment. Now, the Green Market has board-certified dietitians who guide guests in their path of health and nutrition while utilizing market produce. Also, there is a kid-friendly activity center for guests with small children.
“Green Market gives walkable access to local fresh produce, meat, baked goods and more. How amazing is it to walk out your door on a Saturday morning and do your shopping in one location?!” said Green Market Manager Mary Yetter.
Over the past decade, the staff at the Conservancy have played an integral part in the development of the Green Market. The program has been voted one of the top five farmer’s markets in Atlanta by Access Atlanta, and is currently available on Saturdays, March 30 – November from 9am to 1pm at 12th Street entrance.
In response to this momentous occasion, the Conservancy is hosting a party to celebrate Green Market’s 15th anniversary. Save the date for September 21, 2019.
This blog is in memory of Carrie Jennison, who helped establish the Green Market.
Author: Amari Woods
Piedmont Park: A Place for Friends
Are you looking for a place to make new friends or new memories? Come on over to Piedmont Park and experience life in Atlanta’s favorite park! Piedmont Park is a bustling urban green space and full of life every day. Here are just a few ways you can get involved!
1) The Active Oval: The Active Oval is a staple of Piedmont Park and one of the best places to meet new people. Many different intramural sports teams reserve the space for their games, and there’s always room for another player. It also has a full track and fitness equipment, making it a great place to get your workout in!
2) Free Yoga on the Promenade: Every fourth Monday of the month, Piedmont Park offers a free yoga class on the Promenade. Grab your mat and head over because you’re bound to meet a ton of great people and maybe even find that workout buddy you’ve been searching for!
3) Picnics in the Park: Picnics in Piedmont Park are very popular among Atlantans and one of the best ways to spend a Sunday afternoon in the city. Pack your favorite snacks, round up your favorite people, and pick one of the many scenic spots in Piedmont Park to kick back and enjoy each other’s company!
4) Green Market: Every Saturday from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM, Piedmont Park hosts the Green Market, a local farmers market dedicated to bringing locally sourced produce to the Atlanta community. Start your Saturday right and come out to enjoy the incredible food trucks, unbeatably fresh produce, and captivating live music at one of Midtown’s favorite farmers markets!
5) Dog Parks: The Piedmont Park Dog Parks are one of the most utilized spaces at the Park. Grab your four-legged friends and check out our off-leash parks. Locals frequent the dog parks, making it one of the best places to meet new people. Not only will you meet dozens of your neighbors but even your pup will find a furry friend!
Whether you’re looking to get active, or looking for a spot to relax, Piedmont Park has a place for you! Piedmont Park welcomes everybody and is the perfect place to engage with your new community or to make memories with your friends!
Follow Piedmont Park on Instagram @piedmontpark to see more of what life is like inside the Park!
Author: Olivia Gage
Green Market is So Close We Can Taste It!
The Piedmont Park Conservancy is making the final arrangements for 2018’s Green Market. March 24th is quickly approaching, and the Conservancy is excited to get this year started right! With over 40 vendors, Green Market will be the place to be on Saturday mornings.
You can look forward to walking into Piedmont Park on a beautiful spring morning and experiencing live music, occasional chef demonstrations and all the best local products to choose from! We can look forward to seeing all the smiles and conversation that will happen at Green Market!
The hand-picked vendors provide Atlantans with the highest quality products in the heart of the city including: fruits, vegetables, meat, cheeses, pastas and more. Food won’t be the only product available. There will also be pet supplies, bath and body products, handmade goods, and candles. For those who come hungry, there are prepared food and beverage options including baked goods, popsicles, food trucks, and other tasty eats.
For families, there is a child friendly activity area and the nearby Noguchi Playscapes for little ones to play and engage with other children. For dog owners or fans, Green Market is a well-known activity for on-leash dog visitors. Stop by the dog vendors, grab a coffee and some food, and then head over to our off-leash Dog Parks.
Find the list of our vendors, musicians and other information at our website: piedmontpark.org/green-market
Guest Post by Alexandra Anton
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria